After an absence from the mainline of 29 years, No: 7029 ‘Clun Castle’ will be returned to steam and Re-Commissioned alongside No: 5043 ‘Earl of Mount Edgcumbe’
Three Castle Lineup:
- 7029 ‘Clun Castle’ First Public Steaming for the Public Dedication
- 5043 ‘Earl of Mount Edgcumbe’ Vintage Trains’ Record Breaking Mainline Locomotive – In Steam
- 5080 ‘Defiant’ Back at Tyseley for a 3 Castle Lineup – On Static Display
- ‘Old Ernie’
- and special guest ‘Pedler’
How to Get to Tyseley Locomotive Works
- Visitors by Rail
- Tyseley Main Line Rail Station is a short 5 minute walk from the works. London Midland services to/from Birmingham Snow Hill, and Moor Street Stations regularly stop at Tyseley.
- Chiltern Railway services to/from London via Solihull and Banbury stops at Tyseley for special events.
- For additional details on rail travel to/from Tyseley (TYS) please visit the National Rail website.
- Visitors by Bus
- The Locomotive Works is served by the No: 37 Bus which runs between 5>10 minute intervals throughout the day. The No: 37 travels between Solihull and Birmingham Moor Street/Bullring.
- Visitors by Car
- Car parking at Tyseley is extremely limited and fills up early especially on event days. Wherever possible, we highly recommend the use of the bus or train when visiting Tyseley Locomotive Works.